The Rivers State Goverment, through the Rivers State SustainableDevelopment Agency [RSSDA] invites qualified candidates of Rivers State origin to apply for the StateGovernment's Special Overseas UndergraduateScholarshipProgramme for 2011/2012 academic year.
* Must be of Rivers State origin
* Not above 21 years of age (Confirmation of age, preferably by birth certificate)
* A minimum of five (5) WASSC credits relevant to intended course of study (not NECO)
* The five credits must include Mathematics and English Language, with at least A OR B in the relevant subjects for intended course of study.
* Must not be on a degree awarding programme or its equivalent
* Must submit a copy of LGA identification letter
Eligible Courses of Study
Engineering (Including Agric. Engr.)
Social Sciences (Excluding Law)
Computer related studies.
How To Apply
Applicants can either apply Online or offline. For Online Applications, applicants can apply HERE
For Offline Applications, Application forms can be physically collected and submitted at designated points in the Local Government Council Secretariat nearest to you.
* Candidates are required to register their names and signatures in the notebook provided at the submission centres (for manual submission of forms only)
* Candidates are advised to ensure that active contact phone number(s) and/or email addresses are stated on the application forms.
Multiple applications will be disqualified.
Duration of Application
Monday Jan 31st, 2011 to deadline, Friday Feb 18, 2011
Please note that the forms are not for sale!!!
Photocopies are acceptable.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted through SMS, emails, or notices posted on RSSDA website and in all Local Government Council Secretariats.
Originals of credentials will be sighted during the screening of shortlisted candidates.